Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Plate

Default Need Help with Toilet Was Seal

I would have to agree with the above comments on transitioning from wax
rings over to a more resilient conduit from the basin to your drain. I
have over time rotated out almost all of the wax rings in my apartment
units to a waxless model. I have not used the particular model
(Ultraseal) mentioned above but it actually looks better and cheaper
then the ones I have been purchasing. I have not had any leaks to date
and I recommend this practice. Wax rings were a good solution back
when pvc and rubber were not available and the only methods of
connection were lead and cast iron. Besides cleaning wax rings off
just stinks!