Posted to alt.home.repair
geezer

Default Need Help with Toilet Was Seal

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 07:57:57 -0400, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

Joey wrote:
-snip-
The site below has what I use, rocking with this type of seal will not
break the seal and it's the only type I would use from now on. No more
wax seals !!!!

http://www.hsionline.com/products/jsweave/item6439.htm

Thanks

I looked at the site and I guess I'll order two.

Geezer

I agree-- I used one a month ago when I started working on my tiny
bathroom. As it turned out i had to take the toilet out a half
dozen times during the course of the job. [I'm slow & the Mrs.
wanted a handy toilet no matter what the room looked like.]

It was not only the most economical way- [at the Borg- $6 once instead
of $4 6 times]- there was no messy wax every time I moved the toilet.

I don't see a disadvantage to the rubber rings yet-- though time will
tell if the rubber holds up under those conditions for as long as the
wax.

It would certainly take care of a 'rocking toilet' leak-- but if the
toilet is rocking, chances are there is a subfloor problem. [or the
house is settling and the plumbing isn't]

Jim