Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller

Default electrical expert in NJ? (or legal expert)

In article . com, "RayV" wrote:

Number two is where I'm thinking I will have a problem. Aluminum
wiring *IS* a hazard even if installed properly in 1975 by a licensed
electrician using a proper calibrated torque wrench to tighten all
connections.

Yes, indeed, you do have a problem here, because you're starting from a false
premise: properly installed aluminum wiring is *not* a hazard. The dangers of
aluminum wiring result from its being much more difficult than copper to
install properly. Properly installed copper-clad aluminum is even less of a
problem.

So, does anyone know of an 'expert' in NJ that would testify that
Cu/clad aluminum is dangerous or of an attorney in NJ that has
experience in litigating botched home inspections?

I imagine if you look hard enough, you can find an 'expert' who's willing to
testify to *anything* for the right price, even if it isn't true.

--
Regards,