Posted to alt.home.repair
geezer

Default Need Help with Toilet Was Seal

On 10 Apr 2006 18:49:02 -0500, Nobody You'd Know wrote:

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 22:50:49 GMT, geezer wrote:

My wife (and I love her) is on the heavy side, and so over a short
period of time her continued use of the johns in my house cause the
wax seals to begin leaking - from her weight I am thinking.

So - I have tried a couple of different types of wax rings, but they
all leak after a while. What else can I do?

There are some wax seals with a urethane core. It might hold up
better.

Thanks all of you. Maybe my weight assumption was incorrect. Sure
hope so. I have been in this house 6 years now. I have two johns -
both manifest same problem. I even replaced one john with an American
Standard. I even opted for what was supposed to be the better seal. I
thought I had the bases down tight - maybe I didn't. I never had this
trouble in prior house (20 years).

Thanks again

Geezer