Posted to rec.woodworking
CyBrShRk

Default Harbor Fright - Are you just a cheapskate? Tool Snob?

When I see a beautiful piece of antique furniture I know the tools that
went into creating it were crude and far from perfect. It doesn't make
the beauty or quality any less in my eyes, actually I'm quite envious.
The beauty isn't in the tools, it's in the final product...and always
will be. I have a few chest-thumping SNAP-ON apes for friends and their
rants get old fast. They're basically knuckle dragging neanderthals
with an inflated opinion of their true disposable income and alot of
grease under their fingernails. I'd rather get the job done with a tool
I can afford and that can perform the task it is meant for. Whether it
be Craftsman, PC, DeWalt or HF. Being a 'snob' and brow beating others
because you spent 4x more than what a tool is worth is really stupid.