Posted to rec.woodworking
RayV

Default Hanging heavy cabinets from a brick wall...

I hung a cabinet made out of OSB in a corner that came out about 2'
from the corner on each side. Not quite as heavy as particleboard but
I had a 32" TV on it with most of the weight in the front or on the
diagonal. Used french cleats screwed to the studs, worked great.

Yeah I know, OSB for a cabinet, what a slouch!, sanded it and painted
it black and it looked fine. It was temporary until I could finish the
built-in made from birch plywood an poplar (doors are all I have left
to do).

Anyway, the french cleats held the weight with no problem.