Posted to rec.woodworking
George E. Cawthon

Default Harbor Fright - Are you just a cheapskate? Tool Snob?

Leuf wrote:
On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 14:14:52 -0700, "Teamcasa"
wrote:

((Snipped))

You can't make money or enjoy using cheap tools.

That is bull****. Maybe YOU can't, but I have and do. Some of my
cheap tools have paid for my expensive tools. I have a Ryobi 9" band
saw that's made me more than 10 times what it cost, and it's still in
the shop in the shadow of its new bigger brother, which would still be
considered a cheap tool by many even though it cost 5 times as much.

Absolutely agree. Bought a $3 digital VOM when
most places sold them for not less than $20.
Still use it nearly every day after 3? years.
Bought a 12 V drill and wonder why I didn't buy
one a long time ago. Bought a $40 drill press and
greatly appreciate it when I need to drill a
precise hole. I really enjoy using them. Got
some older fine quality hand tools and I enjoy
them too.

((snipped))

-Leuf