Posted to rec.woodworking
Teamcasa

Default Harbor Fright - Are you just a cheapskate? Tool Snob?

wrote in message
ups.com...

Teamcasa wrote:
Just ranting after a long visit to Lie-Nielsen to buy their new socket
chisel set. I don't really need them but as I said, I love a quality
tool(s)!

Dave,

Tell us about them socket chisels!!

After searching high and low for a decent imperial-measure registered
mortise chisel, I bit the bullet and waited out the 8-week backlog on
the Lie-Nielsens.

They were worth every penny (at $50 a pop) and every hour/minute/second
I had to wait to get them. Absolutely magnificent. I looked at a
sh!tty Robert Sorby "mortise" chisel I had next to the L-Ns, and
chuckled quietly. Then laughed out loud.

Then returned it to Lee Valley. (Unused.)

What are the socket chisels like? Would you say they make a good
paring set, or are the blades too stout?

I'll let you know in 7 or so weeks!
Dave

http://www.usenet.com