Posted to rec.woodworking
SFChuck

Default Harbor Fright - Are you just a cheapskate? Tool Snob?

I made no characterization of its quality but in the last day or so I
referred to a $16.00 dial indicator I picked up at Harbor Freight.
While it neither as accurate nor as rugged as a $75.00 tool available
elsewhere, it is more than adequate for its purpose...that is, setting
up my woodworking tools. With it, I can get much more accuracy than a
brass screw and a feeler gauge. For that reason, I consider it good
value for the money.

I'd love to be a tool snob but I don't have the money. However, I can
do fine work -- .affordably -- with careful restoration of old, used
machines and the addition of some good aftermarket accessories.