Posted to rec.woodworking
Toller

Default Harbor Fright - Are you just a cheapskate? Tool Snob?

"Teamcasa" wrote in message
OK, Its been awhile but after read some recent post about the high quality
of HF tools I think we need to re-visit this from a different point of
view.
Do you just try to buy the cheapest tools you can find? Does this mean
your work is solely based on how cheap you can make it? Are the two
correlative?
Personally, I find nothing more frustrating than fussing with a tool that
won't hold up to the rigors of life in my hands. Underpowered, noisy
pieces of cheap junk that fail to do the job asked of them.

I tend to agree with you, but there are certain tools that I use once every
two years for 5 minutes. If the HF tool will do the job for half the price,
then it is a good buy.
I wouldn't consider buying a HF tool that I was going to used constantly.
It will either wear out early, or perform poorly; either is a bad buy. But
for something that is rarely used, they are fine.