Posted to misc.consumers.house
Todd H.

Default Simplicity Freedom upright vacuum any good?

" writes:
Intersting...I just noticed last month's CR magazine reviewed vaccums.
I find it odd that they publish a chart stating that Simplicity is
dead last in reliability, but don't test one or make ANY other mention
of them in their "exhaustive" review. I don't get them.

Look deeper. :-)

First, what models they purchase and test on a given cycle is not
necessarily the same as what their subscribers report on in the past
year for reliability issues.

Reliability data is drawn from their annual subscriber surveys.

That said, however, they did actually test the Riccar Supra Lite RSL3
that's also marketed as Simplicity Freedom F3500, and it was by far
the lightest vac in the top 10 (it placed 8th overall) and did very
well except for "fair" cleaning with tools and it appears to have been
one of the loudest vacuums they tested gathering a "poor" for noise.

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/