Posted to alt.home.repair
Thomas D. Horne, FF EMT

Default telephone wiring HELP needed !

Goedjn wrote:
Did you know that, for the first couple of years, there was no * or # on
the Touchtone keypad? They were 10-button phones. The * and # were added
early on but did *NOTHING* for YEARS - until Call Forwarding and Speed Dialing
became available as Central Offices were upgraded to electronic switches.

I want a phone-set with buttons for the other four tone-pairs. :-(

Then you buy a surplus TA/312-PT in good condition and add a TA-955 tone
adapter to it. The phones are available on Ebay and the adapters are
available from surplus dealers.
--
Tom Horne

Well we aren't no thin blue heroes and yet we aren't no blackguards to.
We're just working men and woman most remarkable like you.