Posted to rec.woodworking
SammyBar

Default Hanging heavy cabinets from a brick wall...

Hi all,

I'm making my own kitchen cabinets from particleboard (5/8''). I'm designing
the one that will hold a big microwave oven. It will be a diagonal corner
wall cabinet. The oven is very heavy so I'm thinking on hardening the basic
design of a particleboard box joined by screws (butt joins) by putting some
solid wood rails on the cabinet floor to avoid the panels from bending. But
I'm also concerned about how to safely hang the cabinet from the wall (brick
wall). Can you point me to assembling tips on cabinetry and how to hang wall
cabinets?
Any hint is welcomed

Thanks in advance
Sammy