Nico_2t Nico_2t is offline
Junior Member

Location: Scotland
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil L
Nico_2t wrote:
Hi all...

Wonder if anyone can help....

In the middle of decorating my bedroom and would like to do the below
design on my back wall as a focal point but in different colours.

However, anyone have any ideas how to measure it out on the wall
before painting so as to make it look even?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Tie a pencil to a piece of string.
Fasten the string to the top of the wall with a drawing pin, near the
ceiling, with the pencil hanging down.
Draw your first arc.
Wrap the string around the pencil until it's about a foot shorter and do the
same again.

Thanx for reply.

Am still none the wiser....wonder if it would alright with just equal stripes straight across!!!

Anyway..

1) What length of string should i use?
2) How will that make them equal in width
3) I'm being thick am I?! (careful with your answer)

Thanx again