Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Maxmel

Default SAMSUNG 47 " Projection DEAD 1200$ Repair estimate

Hi ,

I got my 20 months old projection TV for repair last week.

The estimate was 1200$. CDA

It cost me ~ 250$ to tell me that the POWER DEFLECTION PCB and the MAIN
PCB have to be changed.

The Model is HCN473W , Chassis P55A CM47W3.

I have a good knowledge of electronics and I have the tools (scope ,
meter , etc...) and I opened the TV.

First , the power def board and the main board are togheter. There is
only one main board that includes the power def and the main board but
estimation was saying to replace the 2 boards...

There is no other board inside , except the 3 CRT boards and the
tuner/video board and the sound board (only STK 392-040 IC on it).

There is a HV splitter and FOCUS bloc beside the main board.

Symptom is simple , the unit doesn't go on , no light , nothing. The
technician came 2 tiime before telling me that it will cost 1200 to repair
it.

Is there any hints for this model before I start the troubleshooting ?

Tks...