Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Maxmel

Default SAMSUNG 47 " Projection DEAD 1200$ Repair estimate

Hi ,

I got my 20 months old projection TV for repair last week.

The estimate was 1200$. CDA

It cost me ~ 250$ to tell me that the POWER DEFLECTION PCB and the MAIN
PCB have to be changed.

The Model is HCN473W , Chassis P55A CM47W3.

I have a good knowledge of electronics and I have the tools (scope ,
meter , etc...) and I opened the TV.

First , the power def board and the main board are togheter. There is
only one main board that includes the power def and the main board but
estimation was saying to replace the 2 boards...

There is no other board inside , except the 3 CRT boards and the
tuner/video board and the sound board (only STK 392-040 IC on it).

There is a HV splitter and FOCUS bloc beside the main board.

Symptom is simple , the unit doesn't go on , no light , nothing. The
technician came 2 tiime before telling me that it will cost 1200 to repair
it.

Is there any hints for this model before I start the troubleshooting ?

Tks...

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tom MacIntyre

On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 13:48:39 -0400, "Maxmel"
wrote:

[...]

Did some CRT coolant leak onto the boards?

Tom
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jason D.

On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 16:18:03 -0400, "Maxmel"
wrote:

Nope , there are OK. Also , the main board is not under the tubes.

Where can I get the service manual for this model ?

Tks..

Hi, These model I know this and repair is still done at component
level not whole board. Find another TV shop that is samsung servicer
authorized.

We very rarely have to replace a whole board and only for VERY
specific reasons.

Oh by the way, way the power supply is designed, limits the total
damage if the horizontal circuit (part of both high voltage and
horizontal deflection (either one of two) fails.

Cheers, Wizard

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie

Maxmel wrote:

Nope , there are OK. Also , the main board is not under the tubes.

Where can I get the service manual for this model ?

Tks..

i would say the tech must be out of his league.
kind of sounds like the old techs from the old
school around here!

more than likely a power supply issue ! wheather it
be a fail safe trigger from a problem in the HV section,
or component shorted else where or! the supply it self
went south in which case, you may want to check for the
health and welfair of the electro caps..!
i found a switching PS once that wouldn't start up
and it was due to not a low/failing cap losing its value
but for some reason it created an high ESR that was showing
a ripply on the line on start up even thought the cap checked
ok.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Roy Starrin

wrote:

Nope , there are OK. Also , the main board is not under the tubes.

Where can I get the service manual for this model ?

Here, if not, there is a spot to put in the model #, etc.
http://www.samsung.com/au/support/pr...t/rmenu_tv.sec

http://tinyurl.com/jadzw
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Maxmel

Hi , I m not able to find it. Any idea where to get it ?

Tks...

wrote:

Nope , there are OK. Also , the main board is not under the tubes.

Where can I get the service manual for this model ?

Here, if not, there is a spot to put in the model #, etc.

http://www.samsung.com/au/support/pr...l_Select2.aspx
?type=TV&subtype=Rear%20Projection%20TV&model=SP-47Q5HL&fileType=UM&LSSI=/au
/module/ssi/left/lmenu_tv_rearprojectiontv.sec&RSSI=/au/module/ssi/right/rme
nu_tv.sec

http://tinyurl.com/jadzw

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ken G.