Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill Marrs

Default that red "anti-rust" primer dries *SO* dang slow - what's faster? maybe add cobalt drier?

"dave" wrote in message
I have a few 'various stages of rusty' rollaway toolboxes I need to
repaint. after my sanding and solvent-cleaning prep work, I'd 'like' to
spray 'em with that red anti-rust primer (oil based, rustoleum is probably
what I'd be using) before their final color coat(s). problem is I just
haven't got a spare week to sit around while the stuff dries hard enough to
paint over. anybody else ever notice how -s l o w- that stuff dries?
==

Rustoleum is incredibly slow to dry. Even warming the part doesn't help
much.

2 alternatives.

Go to the local ACE hardware and get their house brand rust preventive red
primer. Big can,
good nozzle, around $4. By the time you get finished with the part and clear
the spray nozzle it is dry.

Or use ZeroRust primer. You might have to look for it, not every store
carries it. Stuff dries really
fast, less than 30 minutes. regular size can, standard nozzle, around $8.