Dan Caster

Default chemistry question

I have difficulty with it too, but it happens. You used to be able to
buy pure Calgon at the super market, but all the boxes I have looked
at for some years say Sodium Carbonate and Calgon.

As you say Sodium Carbonate is washing soda, and as such it is milder
than TSP but used for many of the same things.

Dan

"George E. Cawthon" wrote in message

I have difficulty believing anything else is in a box
labeled as Trisodium Phosphate! If it does, then it
violates laws related to labeling products. I have two
boxes, one old one fairly new that are labeled TSP and both
do not mention any other compound, nor would I expect them
too. Now if you have a product that is labeled as a
cleaner, or a cleaner with TSP, who knows what would be in
it. Recheck the label on the box. If it is labeled as TSP,
it better be TSP.

Anyway sodium carbonate is known commonly as washing soda.
There is no more relationship between sodium carbonate and
trisodium phosphate than there is between TSP and sodium
chloride.