Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John R. Carroll

Default Pardon lottery

"Emmo" wrote in message

Honestly I had forgotten about lay, skilling, fastow
etc.

They're prime candidates for presidential pardon!

You won't see the Enron pardons until the evening before Hillary's
g inauguration.

As we saw with the Marc Rich pardon. We all remember how the Clintons
pardoned Marc Rich, who illegally traded oil in Iran while the
American hostages were being held. Here is a paragraph I found:

"Clinton wiped all the criminal charges off of Rich's record with a
presidential pardon on his last day in power. The Rich pardon has
received special attention because Denise Rich raised and donated
more than $1 million to the Democratic Party in recent years and
also provided the Clintons directly with a $10,000 contribution to
their legal defense fund and $7,300 worth of furniture."

The Clintons needed the furniture to decorate their new house in New
York, a
place they had never lived, in order that Hillary could represent the
citizens of that state in the Senate. The people in Arkansas would
never have elected her to anything...

I ask again, who do you think will be the Democratic and Republican
candidates in two years? If it is McCain vs. Hillary, as I have
predicted, who do you think will win?

Emmo wrote:
I want to make my point more clearly:

I find it quite ironic that this thread is speculating that Bush
_might_ do something that the Clintons have already done. How can
anyone think that Hillary is an improvement over Bush when she has
_already_ committed the act that they are predicting? ..

And frankly, I find Marc Rich far more guilty and reprehensible than
Skilling and Lay - they have not been accused of trading with our
enemies - fraud is not treason...

Where you guys outraged by this earlier actual pardon?

You mean the way Cap Weinberger and the others propvided weapons to Iran?
Iran-Contra ring a bell?
That wasn't just trading money with an enemy but weapons systems.

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.