Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default telephone wiring HELP needed !

On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 20:33:23 -0400, mm
wrote:

In Verizon in Baltimore, I just wanted to get a radio station filter,
which iiuc, are free if you are having problems, but there was NO way
to talk to someone at the repair number. It asked some automated
questions, and said "they might call before they came". Now my

BTW, I think they meant that they *might* come, and if they did, they
*would* call before they came -- for one thing, they would want me to
be home if they were coming -- but they didn't say that, so I was
afraid to continue. Maybe there was even a place to leave a message,
but I'm not at all sure there was.

description made it pretty clear the problem was in the house, but
they didn't say they would call first, and I was afraid to complete
the signuup.

A while later I got closer to the problem -- too complicated to
describe -- and I think when I clean things up, it will probably go
away.

Something doesn't work with my in-house wires. So I'm using the NIC
and I've got a wire from it running up the front of the house and in
the bedroom window to my phone and computer. Then I'm using the house
wiring to go down to the kitchen and basement**.

Anyhow, when I have the wire from the phone machine on the second
floor connected to the preinstalled house wire that goes to the
kitchen, I pick up WBAL AM radio and it's really annoying. For some
reason, I think if I ever get the original entry point to the house
working again, this problem will go away.

**but I had to disconnect my own bedroom because there is probably a
short in the wiring. I ran the wiring myself, because the previous
owner put a layer of sheetrock over the jack and I don't know where it
is. Except my bed is on a different wall anyhow.