Posted to alt.home.repair

Default One cable for internet and TV

I have been reading this thread - and have what may be a dumb
question...

Does the same cable that connects to TVs also provide internet service
in the USA too? We have cable (Bright House) for TV but it is basic
service so there is no box with it...we just hook up the TV to the
cable. In another room, we have a cable with modem for the internet
(Road Runner)...and it is connected to a router which is then connected
to the computer. I had no idea the same cable could do both things.
If we wanted to hook up a TV to the RR cable, could we do that? I
mean, buy a splitter, or perhaps figure out a way to setup a wireless
connection to the TV.? Just wondering.