Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m

Default Inverse countersink?

On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 20:36:03 +0200, Thomas Prufer
wrote:

On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 12:06:13 GMT, T i m wrote:

Yup, that was the sort of thing I was thinking of *except* that this
'waxy-nylony-plastic' might be a bit particular to cut.

If you have something too aggressive it's likely to snag and just
twist the rod up as you try to turn it and too shallow and it's likely
to skid over the surface ;-(

Try this:
http://www.noga.com/nogaProducts.php?catID=excn

It's an "external countersinker"...

Thomas Prufer

Wow, they do exist!

And they have a UK agent ..

http://www.lineartools.co.uk

And available in online in the UK .. well I found one place with a
picture of the beast ..

http://tinyurl.com/jut8m

Now, I wonder if the cutter can be removed from the cranked handle
because I'm not sure the fairly flexible 'body mount' post would take
much sideways load (the cranked handle bit)?

If I could mount that head on an 'inline' handle then we might be in
business!

All the best and thanks very much Thomas ..

T i m