Posted to alt.home.repair
Shane Glaseman

Default One cable for internet and TV

"Mark Lloyd" wrote in message
On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 04:57:41 GMT, "Shane Glaseman"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On 7 Apr 2006 20:29:45 -0700, wrote:

I have a question. There is one cable coming to the room that I have
sublet for internet and TV. Every time I wanna use TV I have to unplug
the Internet and vice versa. Is there a way to get an aparatus to use
both of them at the same time? I am in canada and TV internet cable is
rogers

Go get a 1gz splitter. The cable company should give you one tho.

He'll also need two new, assumably short, lengths of cable to go from the
splitter to each device. Let's at least save him that second trip to the
electronics store, cursing us for not giving complete information (no,
it's
not obvious, if you've never done it before).

Maybe I'm too used to connecting those things to see it as
non-obvious, but you can look at the splitter (while it's still in the
package for most) and see that it needs cables on all connectors.

It certainly could just be me. But I've had too much experience telling
people "do this," without holding their hand and taking them step-by-step...
only to find that they couldn't make leaps that I thought were obvious. Not
that the OP here will have that problem, but why not just cover the
possibility?