Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley

Default Inverse countersink?

In article
T i m wrote:
On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 18:45:49 +0100, Nigel Molesworth
wrote:

On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 16:45:04 GMT, T i m wrote:

removed with some wet-n-dry

Get a bit of dowel, countersink the end. Get some wet-n-dry, form it
into a cone, glue inside dowel.

Imaginitive ;-)

I feel this particular plastic would respond better to a blade than
the wet-n-dry but it's given me a thought re making my own?

If I bored said cone in the end of a bit of ally rod then cut a slot
across the end (parallel to one face of the cone) so that I could slip
various grades of grit paper into the side of the 'cone' ...

How about something like this

___ ... ___
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
|\ | | |
| \ | | |
| \| | |
| \ | |
| |\ | |
| | \ | |

where the diagonal line is a slot with a bit of tool steel inserted,
with the edge ground like a lathe tool.