Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default telephone wiring HELP needed !

On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 15:32:20 -0500, Jim Redelfs
wrote:

Polarity (red or green? It doesn't matter) hasn't been important for years.
I wasn't sad to see the issue go away. Our Central Office MDF (Main
Distributing Frame) still has quite a number of "reversing" heatcoils - made
specifically to reverse a line for the use of Touchtonetm!

So even a real Touchtone phone doesn't have to be connected right
anymore? The central offices have a way to make it right even if it
is wrong?

Is that true everywhere? or at least in Baltimore?