Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric Tonks

Default Upgrading to 300Amp electric service

Only if you are planning to use up to 300 or 400 amps, otherwise he is full
of BS, sounds like a sales pitch to get you to pay a premium for the extra
amps. More important is to get a panel with as large a capacity of circuit
breakers as you can, which may take more than one panel to do the job, so
that there are a lot of lightly loaded circuits instead of loading each
circuit to the max. This will give you more "head room" in each circuit so
the ones that end up with a load are not overloaded. Also to provide a
separate circuit for each large load or critical load such as a separate
line for a freezer, etc.

"Sanj" wrote in message news:u_zZf.64$ee6.4@trndny01...
My homebuilder says upgrading my electric service to 300 or even 400 Amps
will result in more "efficient" use of electricity by my appliances. Can
one of you experts out there please explain how this is so?