Posted to alt.home.repair
Beowulf

Default telephone wiring HELP needed !

On Thu, 06 Apr 2006 21:12:52 -0500, Jim Redelfs inscribed to the world:
Of course, if you have a properly installed, official N.I.D. (Network
Interface Device) serving your home, you used a KNOWN-GOOD phone, and there is
NO DIAL TONE when plugged-in at the NID, the trouble is NOT inside.

No dial tone at NID jack, used a brand new AT&T corded phone I bought at
hardware store (just so I would know a test phone was good), and the wire
form the NID serving my home is just a black insulated wire with two plain
copper wires that attach to two poles/bolts on a thing my basement rafter.
So with no dial tone at the NID box outside, seems it must be something at
the NID box. Telepone co. is supposed to come today again to fix this, I
will be curious to find out.