Posted to uk.d-i-y
chris French

Default Trickle vents: fitting after-market ones

In message .com,
writes
There are no trickle vents in the uPVC window in my bedroom. 2.5m wide
x about 1.2m high.
Consequently, on winter mornings, there is a lot of condensation on the
windows. This is due to water vapour exhaled during sleeping. It's
amazing how much there is -- I have to sponge the windows down and then
leave the casement open during the day.

I'm not convinced it's exhaled water vapour. We never had significant
condensation in out last house on the UPVC DG windows.

Do you have decent ventilation to the bathroom and the kitchen, where
most vapour originates? We had a humidistat controlled extractor in the
bathroom and a normal cooker hood type thing in the kitchen
--
Chris French