Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Randy Replogle

Default Collets: Incremental Work Holding

On 6 Apr 2006 17:14:55 -0700, wrote:

I have a set of 5C collets that are from 1/16" to 1-1/16" at every
1/32nd. I'm considering getting the "in between" sizes, effectively
giving me all collets at 1/64th Increments.

Now I really don't have a specific *need* for them, but since they are
made... I was curious as to what the need for having a "high
resolution" set(for lack of a better term)..

Does anyone here actually benefit from having all of them? I'd be
interesting in knowing what kind of precision work requires them.

Thanks a lot.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

Get a few "emergency" collets of brass or soft steel and bore them to
suit if you need a special size.
--
Randy Replogle