Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Maxprop

Default Skew problems

"Darrell Feltmate" wrote in message
newsSOYf.36873$%H.3664@clgrps13...
Max
I am confused. to me a beading, or rather beading/parting tool, is a
square
or rectangular tool used either as a parting or as a beading tool. The
idea
is to use the narrow edge of your tool in a similar manner to a skew. For
instance, you wish to turn those 1mm beads on the edge of the bowl, as you
were discussing . Use the point formed by the conjunction of the two sides
of the parting tool to make a v cut leaving your 1mm ridge. Round the
ridge
with the point formed by that conjunction in a similar manner to a skew.
However, in this case the skew is 1/8" wide and much easier to maneuver.
Those other beading tools are dedicated scrapers and likely work well but
this is more versatile.

You don't sound confused at all, Darrell. And thanks for the
suggestion--I'd never have come up with that. I'll definitely give it a
try. Thanks for your website, too--it's full of great ideas.

Max