Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Sievers

Default Vented Storm Doors Available?

I was told (by a HD dude) that there is a storm door
manufacturer that puts permanent vents at the top and bottom
of one of their storm door models to provide "chimney-like"
venting of the space between the "real" door and the storm
door. (The door sales guy can't remember the manufacturer
..... of course) My door faces South and the heat build-up
warped the original fiberglass/plastic mouldings around the
window panes in the entrance door.....I have since made wood
mouldings up special and replaced the original moulding, and
that works fine. I would really like to get rid of the
intense heat in that space though.....the "full view" storm
sash is really just for looks + I have film on it to prevent
fading of the entrance door.

Anyone know of such a vented storm door? The only one I
have been able to "Google Up" has a monster vent clear
across the bottom (looks bad) and none at the top!

If I could round up some brass bezels, I believe I could
drill and install several small, round, screened vents
myself.....but I would need a few "courage pills" before
taking a sawhole drill to a new door )

TIA Ed S in Western Nebraska