Mike Barnes

Default Routing waste pipe past shower tray

Bathroom reorganisation. I need to route the waste pipe from the basin
to the outside wall, but in the way there will be a new corner shower
unit. I want the shower tray sitting directly on the floor so there's no
appreciable height difference when stepping in or out of the shower.

The house is substantial, about 200 years old, with very uneven walls
and floors.

Things I've thought of, not necessarily sensible, a

* stud the wall behind the shower out a couple of inches and run the
pipe though the gap

* cut a channel in the wall, which is single-leaf brick

* cut a channel though the shower base, which is acrylic

* notch the joists and strengthen them as necessary - I will be putting
thick plywood and a limestone floor on top of them

Comments?

--
Mike Barnes