Posted to uk.d-i-y
rjs

Default Attic Room

elziko wrote:

I'm in the process of buying a house and the seller has created an attic
room. When such a conversion is made what would the seller need to have got
in order with regards to planining permission and buliding regs etc.? I
think we need to make sure that the conversion is all above board!

TIA

Funnily enough our place has just such a room. I use it as my study.
But when we viewed the property the room had a mattress in situ.

We've just finished conducting our (hopefully) architect round prior to
doubling the size of the house (including attic space) and he, amid much
teeth sucking, speculated that we might have to sell the attic to the
BCO as increased storage space - something we manifestly lack, hence the
building work.

Richard

--
Real email address is RJSavage at BIGFOOT dot COM