Fred Fowler

Default TIR

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 14:38:35 +0000 (UTC), Todd Rich
scribed:

Richard Wooley wrote:
I have a very basic question for the list. In describing the runout for a
chuck I have seen the letters TIR along with the runout value. I know this
is talking about the runout but I was just curious what TIR stands for.
Total Included Runout or Total Indicated Runout were the guesses we have
come up with. Thanks for any replies on this. Rich W.

Where I work, I was told it stood for 'Total Indicator Reading'.
Todd

All pretty much the same. Difference between Max and Min... So if you
have +10 mils, -5 mils, the TIR reading is 5 mils... If you indicate
-15 mils to -20 mils the TIR is 5 mils.

Fred