Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Sharrock

Default Attic Room

"elziko" wrote in message
I'm in the process of buying a house and the seller has created an attic
room. When such a conversion is made what would the seller need to have
got in order with regards to planining permission and buliding regs etc.?
I think we need to make sure that the conversion is all above board!

TIA

I may be wrong; but if the Estate Agent's detail specify 'Attic Room' (aka
weasel-words) rather than 'Loft'; it's a fair indication that Planning
Permission has not been
obtained, it wouldn't be needed, and the Attic-space need not comply with
any Building Regulations which mainly are for 'habitable rooms' and cover
strength, thermal insulation, ventilation, fire-resistance and access. Are
you trying to say; - 'I'm in the process ... attic room ... where people may
be sleeping ...'?

--

Brian