Posted to rec.woodworking
todd

Default MLB Bat Rules

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
news:050420062301069921%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderst one.ca...
In article , todd
wrote:

The question was not "could they?", but rather "do they?". I don't know
if
any laminated bats have been approved, but I have a strong suspicion the
answer is "no".

The question (that you quoted) was "Does MLB allow glued up blanks for
bats?".

The rules state:

"NOTE: No laminated or experimental bats shall be used in a
professional game (either championship season or exhibition games)
until the manufacturer has secured approval from the Rules Committee of
his design and methods of manufacture."

The answer to the question "Does MLB allow glued up blanks for bats?"
is, therefore, "such bats are expressly allowed but require the
approval of the Rules Committee".

Quod erat demonstrandum.

Think about the original question. Someone wants to make a bat that
complies with the current rules. Until such time as the rules committee
says they are allowed, they are not allowed. So the answer for now is "no".

todd