Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking
Cliff

Default How do you handle a HAZ?

On Wed, 5 Apr 2006 22:18:50 -0700, "PrecisionMechanical"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .

They are still hot..and the one closed to the hatch has a thick layer
of something black on the outside..and a gentle tap broke much of it
loose..and it looks like a gravel road underneith it. All bumps and
whatnot. I think this is some sort of scale.....cringe...

Maybe wrap em in copper or stainless foil first.....IIRC this helps keep all
the carbon from outgassing to the surface.....

LOL ... or an inert atmosphere ...
Beware a reducing one except for specially designed heating devices
(now I wonder how Michael's slip-cast-in-silicone-rubber clay is drying ...)
--
Cliff