Posted to alt.tv.tech.hdtv,sci.electronics.repair
Luke Siemaszko

Default SONY KE-42XS910 - NTSC to PAL ?

wrote:
Hello All,

I recently moved back from the US to the UK and brought back my US
purchased SONY SONY KE-42XS910 plasma TV.

Foolishly, I presumed this thing would be a multi format unit (NTSC &
PAL), but it's only NTSC.

So, Is there anyway I can get this TV working properly in the UK? I've
purchased a couple of NTSC/ PAL converter boxes (TVone 1T-V1280DVI),
but this gives an awful quality picture. Seems a waste of a $6,000 TV.
Ideally, I'd like a decent converter, that would allow me to use the HD
DVI input on the PLASMA to full effect.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I would have thought a PALVI or PAL:RGB interface would do the trick.
Which of these inputs do you have? What frequencies does it support
on the RGB?

We do sell this sort of kit, but we are more of a profesional than
consumer dealer, so if you want the best pric you would be better off
surfing the web. But if you want a professional product, please replay
and I'll see what we can offer.