Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Is this true about HD ????

Joey wrote:
Joseph Meehan wrote:
Joey wrote:

Hi all,

Just heard on the Fox news that they reported a Home Depot store that
required (1) all inside signs had to have the Spanish equalivent
under the English heading and (2) it was against store policy to fly
the American flag anywhere on the store property.

Enough is enough about the illegal Mexicans but has anyone heard this
about HD ?

Why do you think it has anything to do with illegal Mexicans. Home
Depot wants to meet their customer's needs. If they have
Spanish speaking customers, it only makes sense that they provide
signs for them. How does that hurt you? More business, more volume
lower prices benefit you. Do you think they are going to eliminate
the English signs?
Relax.

Joseph,

I have to agree with the majority here, they should learn English and
be here legally.

I would agree. If someone who did not speak English and lived here, I
would advise them to learn English as it would benefit them. I would not
want to force them to do so, but I do believe it would be a good idea for
them to decide to do so.

I also agree they should be here legally. However I believe that the
problem is caused primarily by the US immigration laws.

Someone wrote lettace would go up to $3 from $1,
well that's OK if their unpaid medical bills go down from $1000's to
zero. By the way, I went by my HD here in S.GA and proud to report
that a large US flag is flying in the center top of the building and
I didn't really notice any Spanish on the signs inside.......Thank
God !!!!

I can understand your pride in the flag, after all I can comment
publicly about my views on this subject in the US, something I would not be
able to do everywhere, but why pride in not having any Spanish signs?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit