Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Darrell Feltmate

Default Skew problems

Max
I am confused. to me a beading, or rather beading/parting tool, is a square
or rectangular tool used either as a parting or as a beading tool. The idea
is to use the narrow edge of your tool in a similar manner to a skew. For
instance, you wish to turn those 1mm beads on the edge of the bowl, as you
were discussing . Use the point formed by the conjunction of the two sides
of the parting tool to make a v cut leaving your 1mm ridge. Round the ridge
with the point formed by that conjunction in a similar manner to a skew.
However, in this case the skew is 1/8" wide and much easier to maneuver.
Those other beading tools are dedicated scrapers and likely work well but
this is more versatile.

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate