Posted to alt.home.repair
MikeP

Default Is this true about HD ????

In article qnDYf.80108$UZ5.14323
@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com,
says...

If you can't communicate with people,then you can't understand
them,cannot come to common ground.
Just get in a collision with a person who speaks no English,how can
you determine if they are hurt,or get DL and insurance data?
(if they have it at all,chances are that they won't.)

I've had to deal with enough Hispanics with little or no English.

Funny, that has never happened to me. I have never consider it a
problem when I have been in countries where I did not understand the
local language. I have always managed to get by.

Really? How were you at job interviews, or explaining your sick
children's symptoms and medical history to an emergency room doctor?

Gee, I don't think it is likely to happen often in the US. Do you?

Non English speaking people place a huge burden on
hospital emergency rooms in California, Texas, Florida,
New York, Illinois, Arizona .... happens thousands of
times a day.

My personal experience involving a car accident. She
spoke prefect English when she asked to use my cell
phone. When the police arrived she 'claimed' not to
speak English. Later she delayed the insurance
investigators by 'claiming' not to speak English. Her
land lord only spoke English, her employer only spoke
English and her boy friend only spoke English.... go
figure.