Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Is this true about HD ????

Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
"Joseph Meehan" wrote:

Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
"Joseph Meehan" wrote:

But why does it concern you? If they think it makes life
easier to them, they will learn. What other things would you
want to change about them? I wonder what they might want to
change about you? IMO Diversity is one thing that makes a great
country. The fear and hate of diversity is what makes a terrible
country.

It concerns me because it makes for a permanent underclass.

How so?

By not being able to get higher paying jobs, harder to get higher
education, etc. You gonna tell me you know many successful people in
the US who speak ONLY Spanish.

You know, I don't know of very many second generations immigrants from
any country that don't know the local language. You don't have to force
people or sham them into learning the second language. I had some friends
from Africa. Within the first year the father had passable English, the
three kids spoke English better than many US born kids and mom still only
understood a few words of English. Everyone got along fine and dad was
doing very well economically.

I don't want to discourage anyone from learning English, but why do so
many people fear people who don't speak English. Why can't they let others
decide for themselves?

The comments I have read in this thread are not subtle. They
show fear and hate, but mostly a lack of understanding.

Yeah, but I still hold out some hope for you...

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit