Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Is this true about HD ????

Mys Terry wrote:
On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 20:52:44 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

Jim Yanik wrote:
"Joseph Meehan" wrote in
:

JerryL wrote:
The best way to learn is through immersion -
being dumped right into a new language environment where you have
no choice.

Exactly. Right now we are giving a choice and they are taking the
easy way out by only speaking their native tongue.

And that hurts you exactly how?

If you can't communicate with people,then you can't understand
them,cannot come to common ground.
Just get in a collision with a person who speaks no English,how can
you determine if they are hurt,or get DL and insurance data?
(if they have it at all,chances are that they won't.)

I've had to deal with enough Hispanics with little or no English.

Funny, that has never happened to me. I have never consider it a
problem when I have been in countries where I did not understand the
local language. I have always managed to get by.

Really? How were you at job interviews, or explaining your sick
children's symptoms and medical history to an emergency room doctor?

Gee, I don't think it is likely to happen often in the US. Do you?

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit