Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cernnunos

Default Looking for source of spare parts for Dyson appliances (other than Dyson!)

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 12:32:14 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Go to the skip where millions are dumping these overpriced unreliable
loads of crap every day of the week.

Hmmmmm, odd. Our local dump doesn't have any, and the one I have has
functioned perfectly for over 2 years since I repaired it (it broke
before I was given it by my friend's dad who broke it when cleaning
his chimney). Any other Dyson that has 'broken down' has usually been
down to the owner hoovering stuff up they shouldn't have, and blocking
the tubes leading to the cyclone chamber (or even not emptying the
'bag').

As for buying Dyson parts from Dyson themselves, I've had no problem
with them. A new motor cost me about £46 and a new 'lifetime' filter
about £10, which was replaced at no extra cost with a HEPA one when
they were out of stock of the ordinary ones.

Big Andy