Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

Default Is this true about HD ????

"Keith Williams" wrote in message
T...
In article ,
says...
"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
. ..
Doug Kanter wrote:
"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
. ..
Doug Kanter wrote:
"JerryL" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
"JerryL" wrote in message

My parents, their families and millions of others came here many
years ago. They had to learn the language and went to night
schools to do so.

While they were learning, did they have servants to venture out
into the world for them to buy food, or did they find merchants
who spoke their native language?

In those days, people with similar languages or that came from
similar countries used to settle in certain areas so that you could
always find someone that spoke your language. I remember as a kid
going into stores and when the storekeeper starting speaking their
native tongue to my mother, she would reply "Speak English or we
will never learn how to".

Sadly, there are no Hispanic people like that. None. Absolutely
none. Zip.

Spoken like a true bigot.

--
Joseph Meehan

Joseph, I was being sarcastic. Taking things to the absurd, if you
will.

It's too bad that we live in a country where it is not obvious that
you
were being sarcastic. There are too many people who believe it.
Joseph Meehan

Left turn! Last week, NPR was interviewing people in Washington DC -
protesters on both sides of the new immigration law issue. One guy was
especially interesting - a construction worker originally from Mexico. He
said (in perfect English) "I never finished school, but I still read a
lot
of history. From what I can figure out, NOBODY came here legally in the
beginning!"

Umm, "in the beginning" there were no immigration laws so it would
be *impossible* for them to have come here illegally, "in the
beginning".

Tell that to the natives, what's left of them.