Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

Default Is this true about HD ????

"JerryL" wrote in message

If I had no other way to feed my family, yes I'd work for 4 or 5 bucks
an hour. No, it's better a portion of our society has the mentality not
to work for minimum wages so they sponge off the rest of the taxpayers
by collecting welfare. If they were told they have to do these jobs
before they received all the freebies they get then we'd have people to
do those jobs.

If, by some miracle, all "illegal" immigrants were stopped at border, or
deported, you and/or your kids would have no choice but to take these
farm jobs, eventually, unless you thing cucumbers are going to dance into
baskets without help. THAT is the point here. Give most teens the choice
of working in a nice air conditioned supermarket, or breaking their backs
in a field, and I'm pretty sure they'll choose the supermarket (or mall,
etc).

And what about the people on the public dole? Many of them are physically
able to work but don't because the checks keep coming in. What if you
told them they had to work the fields in order to get the handouts? They'd
have no choice if the checks stopped. And no, I'm not talking about sick,
handicapped, mentally ill, etc. I'm talking about able people who do
nothing but milk the system.

Maybe.