Posted to alt.home.repair
Spike2

Default Is this true about HD ????

Doug Kanter wrote:
"Spike2" wrote in message

Doug Kanter wrote:

"Spike2" wrote in message
t...

United States of "America" is one of many countries in the "Americas".
Try telling someone from any other country in the "Americas" that they
are not "American" and see how far you get with them. You are the one
that is obtuse and US centric. We are all "Americans" whether you like
it or not

There's a big difference between what's correct in terms of geography,
and saying someone is "American", which indicates nationality, political
loyalties and certain ways of thinking.

no to me

You think someone from Bolivia has the same nationality and political
loyalties as we do, because Bolivia is on a continent called South
America??? Yes, or no.

there you go again, trying to redefine the word "American" to fit your
US "political" definition. You are on the 'worldwide internet' where
your parochial re definitions are not understood. America is a
geographical description of the land masses of South and North America.

Do *not* try and claim that the second half of that sentence applies in
any way outside of the USA.

You are confused. A person from florida is a floridian. A person from
Texas is a Texan. They may be a democrat or a republican. A person from
the anywhere in the "Americas" is an "American" Do *not* try to use your
US political correctness to redefine words used by the rest of the world
because that only works in your little xenophobic reality while the
internet crosses those boundaries and that is where you are postulating
now.

Now you're naming states which ARE in this country. But above, you claimed
that people from other COUNTRIES in the Americas were the subject here.
Which is it?

you are obviously being intentionally obtuse. The point was where you
are from determines what you are called. If you are from America [ N or
S] then you are American. If you are from the US and you want someone
to know where you are from you would say " I am from the US". If you
say I am an "American" [which is true,although imprecise] you could be
from any number of countries in the Americas.
You stated it had something to do with politics, but it is a geographic
identifier.