Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Is this true about HD ????

Steve B wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
Immigrants whether illegal or legal have to realize that
english IS the common language here. If they want to
get ANYWHERE they need to speak it fluently. Otherwise
they'll ALWAYS be illegal workers that'll eventually
be a burden on the US TAX PAYER.

Business here is done in english, simple as that.
Offering educations in various languages without
priority given to english will screw lots of kids as
they grow up. Its good that colleges dont have to
obey the same crap public schools do.

I would love to see a Harvard professor have to translate
a lesson to paco because he cant speak english! BAHAHA

Speak your native tounge at home with your siblings/elders.
When out in public, talk the native language.

I am 57 years old. I have heard story after story of people (mostly
my father's generation) of kids that were punished for speaking
anything but English. The parents would learn from their children
bringing English into the homes. They wanted their children to be
AMERICANS. Not HYPHEN-AMERICANS!

My grandparents in Ireland were punished for not speaking English in
schools in their own country. Was that just? Sound not the parents and the
individual have the choice? Why do people feel that they must make the
decision for others.

In real life, most all of the people in the US are going to learn
English. But why do some people feel so threatened by those who don't that
they want to force it on others?

Steve

--
Joseph Meehan