Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron

Default Who Is Responsible For My Neighbors Tree Hanging In My Yard?

mm wrote:
snip
But if the cost is all yours, that's the way it is. Buying a house
creates lots of expenses beyond the cost of the house. You shouldn't
buy a house unless you can probably pay them. You shouldn't have
children unless you can almost certainly afford them.

Let me ask you a question. If you walked out into your yard one day and
saw water spewing up from the ground near the water meter, would you
just go ahead and repair it yourself or would you call the water
company first to make sure it wasn't their responsibility?