Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Is this true about HD ????

Steve B wrote:
"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
.. .
JerryL wrote:

This is America. English is spoken here. You want to speak your
native language, speak it at home amongst your friends and
relatives.

So are many other languages spoken here. Why do you think only
English should be spoken here?

BTW my "native" language would be Irish Gaelic, but frankly I
don't know it well enough to speak it.

My
parents, their families and millions of others came here many years
ago. They had to learn the language and went to night schools to do
so.

So what did they do before they learned English? Most Spanish
speakers in the US are learning or already know English. However I
see no reason to demand it. It should be their choice. I believe
the US is known as the land of the free. That freedom I would guess
should also include freedom of speech and I don't recall the freedom
of speech being restricted to English.

They still spoke their native tongues at home but learned to read
and write English and always spoke to the children in English. We
have immigrants from many parts of the world. Why not have signs in
their languages? We have Russian, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, etc.
Why do we pander to the Hispanics?

I have seen signs in Russian and some Asian languages in the US.

Why do we have to pay for
bilingual teachers to accomadate them when we can't afford to hire
English speaking teachers to educate our children?

That does sound hateful.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

This is America. Love it or leave it.

Good idea, maybe you should leave? Why do you want those who disagree
with your prejudice should leave?

If you love it, learn to
speak at least conversational English within one year.

So you think it is wrong to offer signs in Spanish for those who are
hear less than one year?

If you can't,
you are so stupid that you won't make a good citizen anyway.

If we think you are not a good citizen, should we tell you to leave?

There
is no reason for us to provide you with literature and signs in your
native language.

The question was about Home Depot providing the signs. No one is asking
you to. Why do you feel the way you do? Do you fear something.

Especially for those of you who have been here for
ten years, and still can't speak English.

Not hateful, just the facts, maam.

How is your opinion that certain people should leave a fact? It may be
a fact that someone does not know English, but what that means about their
right to remain in this country is opinion not fact. Do you need a
definition of fact in another language?

Steve

--
Joseph Meehan